Beef Pot Roast with Fire Roasted Root Vegetables
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 2 hr 40 min SERVINGS 8
- 2 1/2- to 3-lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's® Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch Vegetables
- 4 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (12 oz each) frozen Green Giant™ Fire Roasted root vegetables with red onions
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. Using tip of small paring knife, make 12 small slits evenly spaced about 1-inch deep all over roast. Insert 1 garlic clove half into each slit. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- 2In 5-quart ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook roast until brown on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes each side. Remove from Dutch oven. In small bowl, mix broth, mustard and thyme. Pour into Dutch oven, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom. Heat to boiling; return roast to Dutch oven. Cover; bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until roast is tender and can easily be pulled apart with 2 forks. Remove roast to platter; cover and keep warm.
- 3Skim excess fat from broth in Dutch oven. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch. Gradually stir into mixture in Dutch oven. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- 4Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 4 teaspoons oil and 2 tablespoons water over medium-high heat. Add both packages frozen vegetable blend; cover. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Serve pot roast with gravy and vegetables.