Cheese-Stuffed Rosemary Chicken Breasts with Fire Roasted Root Vegetables
PREP TIME 35 min TOTAL TIME 45 min SERVINGS 4
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen Green Giant™ Fire Roasted root vegetables with red onions
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- 2In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- 3Using sharp knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting a line vertically through the top of the breast to, but not through, to the bottom. Cut a little on each side of line, in the breast, to widen “pocket.” Spoon 2 tablespoons cheese mixture in each chicken breast “pocket”; close opening with 2 toothpicks. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper evenly on stuffed chicken breasts.
- 4In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Place chicken breasts, cheese side down, in skillet. Cook 3 minutes; turn chicken over, and cook additional 3 minutes so chicken is beginning to brown on each side. Remove from skillet; place chicken breasts cheese side up on cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken from oven; let rest 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, carefully wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Return to stove; heat water and remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetables; cover. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. To serve, remove toothpicks from chicken; serve with vegetables.