- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 cup water
- 2 green onions, green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 package Green Giant® Sautés Thai Coconut
- 1In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook 1 minute. Add rinsed quinoa and salt; stir 1 minute to coat. Add coconut milk and water; heat to simmering. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in green onions; cover and let stand at room temperature until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare vegetable blend as directed on package; serve with quinoa.
Rinsing the quinoa removes the natural dust coating of saponin, which can taste like soap if not rinsed off. Freeze your extra coconut milk in a lightly greased ice cube tray. Once frozen, place the cubes in a freezer bag, and store in freezer for easy access.