Coconut Thai Tofu Wraps
PREP TIME 20 min TOTAL TIME 55 min SERVINGS 9
- 1 package (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce or endive
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated gingerroot (1-inch piece)
- 3 finely chopped cloves garlic (1 teaspoon)
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen Green Giant™ Sautés Thai Coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1Place tofu between layers of paper towels or clean kitchen towels on cutting board. Gently press down on top of towels to extract water from tofu. Replace damp towels with dry towels. Place bowl or other weight on top of towels. Let stand 15 minutes for tofu to extract additional water. Cut tofu into 2x1/2x1/2-inch strips; place in shallow baking dish. In small bowl, mix salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over tofu strips, coating all sides.
- 2Meanwhile, chop end of the head of lettuce or endive, and peel off each leaf layer for wraps. Rinse, pat dry and refrigerate until needed.
- 3In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add tofu; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and stirring occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Remove to plate; cover to keep warm.
- 4In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add gingerroot and garlic; sauté about one minute or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add frozen vegetable blend and seasoning mix packet, reserving nut packet for later use in recipe. Cook 7 to 8 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender and cooked thoroughly. Return tofu to skillet; cook about 1 minute or until tofu is warm. Stir in lime juice. Top with reserved nuts from packet.
- 5Serve by scooping about 1/3 cup of the sautéed mixture into each leaf cup (the exact amount will depend on how large leaves are).