Sausage Tortellini Soup
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 6
- 1/2 lb. bulk turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (28-oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can ready-to-serve fat-free chicken broth with 1/3 less sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 cups Green Giant™ Frozen Cut Broccoli
- 1In Dutch oven, combine sausage and onion; cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
- 2Add carrots; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomato puree, broth, water and basil. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; return to a boil. Add broccoli. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tortellini are tender.