Seared Curried Tofu
PREP TIME 5 min TOTAL TIME 2 hr 15 min SERVINGS 2
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Green Giant™ Sautés Indian Spiced Lentils
- 1Wrap tofu in several paper towels, and place in shallow dish. Weigh down with another dish, and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- 2Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes, and place in medium bowl. Season with salt. Mix cornstarch and curry powder; sprinkle over tofu through a fine mesh strainer, stirring gently to coat on all sides.
- 3Heat heavy-bottomed 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; sear tofu in oil 1 to 2 minutes on all sides until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare vegetable blend as directed on package; serve with tofu.