Skillet Penne and Sausage
PREP TIME 10 min TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14-16 oz fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (12 oz) package Green Giant™ frozen garden vegetable medley
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz dry penne
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook until browned and softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add in the Green Giant Vegetables, chicken broth and milk, then stir in the penne.
- 2Cover and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and parsley.