Thai Red Curry Noodles
PREP TIME 15 min TOTAL TIME 35 min SERVINGS 4
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen Green Giant™ Sautés Thai Coconut
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1-inch stalk lemon grass, cut in half
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 oz uncooked Thai stir-fry rice noodles
- Lime wedges, if desired
- 1In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetable blend and seasoning mix packet, reserving nut packet for later use in recipe. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shallot and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, mix coconut milk, vegetable broth, palm sugar, curry paste, fish sauce, lemon grass and lime leaves. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add cooked vegetable blend; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes to blend flavors. Stir in lime juice. Discard lemon grass and leaves. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, make rice noodles as directed on package; drain, and rinse. Immediately stir into vegetable-coconut mixture. Divide among 4 serving bowls; top with reserved nuts from packet. Serve with lime wedges.