Zucchini Boats Stuffed with Quinoa and Fire Roasted Corn
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 55 min SERVINGS 8
- 4 medium (7-inch) zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen Green Giant™ Fire Roasted corn, peppers & onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup canned Joan of Arc® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 oz)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Using teaspoon, scoop out zucchini seeds and pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch wall. Place on microwavable plate, cut side up. Cover and microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is almost tender. Set aside.
- 2In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, mix quinoa and vegetable broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 12 to 14 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Drain, if necessary.
- 3Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil and water over medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetable blend; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Remove cover; add garlic last 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 4In medium bowl, mix vegetable blend mixture, quinoa, black beans, chili powder, cumin and salt. Place zucchini in 13x9-inch glass baking dish, cut sides up. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture into each zucchini half, mounding slightly.
- 5Cover with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until stuffing is thoroughly heated and zucchini is tender. Remove foil, and sprinkle each zucchini half with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with cilantro leaves.