Green Giant Veggie Spirals™
Introducing NEW Green Giant Veggie Spirals™!
New Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ are a perfect swap-in for traditional pasta. Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ are gluten-free and come without sauce or seasoning, so you can prepare them just the way you like!
Made with 100% vegetables, new Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ have up to 90% fewer calories than pasta*, making them the perfect swap-in. They’re perfect to use as an entrée, side dish, or as an addition to your soup or salad.
How-to Cooking Videos
Find them in the frozen aisle.
Cooking Tips & Recipes
Tips & Tricks
- Cook frozen Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ on the stove top or microwave directly in the packaging.
- Drain your Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ well in a colander to get rid of excess water … just like you would with regular pasta!
- Eating Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ is an easy way to get more veggies into your diet.
- Turn any recipe into a salad. Simply cook Green Giant Veggie Spirals™, then drain and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Microwave your Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ for efficiency; they go from freezer to table in just 6 minutes!
- After cooking, blot Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets with a paper towel before adding to your recipe to minimize color transfer.
- All Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ are 100% gluten-free and made from 100% vegetables.
- Great served cold or hot!
- Cook Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ according to the packaging and drain separately before adding finished sauce. This will keep your sauce from running.
- Forget the dishes! Put your finished sauce directly in your Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ packaging after it has been microwaved and cooled.
- When cooking Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ on the stovetop, cover skillet and cook undisturbed for about 4 to 5 minutes. This will help the spirals defrost. Then uncover and use tongs to gently separate the spirals to help them cook quickly and evenly without breaking and overcooking.
- Use tongs when cooking and serving Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ to prevent breakage and to easily separate the spirals.
- To easily thaw Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ for use in a recipe, place the package in the microwave and cook on defrost setting for 2 to 3 minutes. Or remove spirals from package and place in a colander. Run under cool water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well and use immediately. Thawed Spirals will be ready to add to your favorite recipes, just be sure to simmer Spirals for 2 to 3 minutes to heat through.
- Add frozen or thawed Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ right to your favorite soups. Simmer until Spirals are heated through.
- Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ are a fun and impressive addition to your favorite salad recipes. For best results, microwave according to package directions. Then place cooked Spirals in a colander and run under cold water to cool quickly.
- To intensify the flavor of Green Giant Veggie Spirals™, arrange thawed Spirals on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes at 425°F or until beginning to brown.
- For a quick protein and veggie packed salad toss cooked and cooled Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ with cooked quinoa and your favorite vinaigrette.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most vegetables naturally have a high percentage of water — especially zucchini. Therefore, whether you sauté or microwave in the package, water will release from the vegetables during the cooking process. We recommend you drain the water in a strainer (just like pasta) and pat it dry with a paper towel. When sautéing, cook vegetables in pan until water is absorbed.
On the top, right-hand corner of the packaging, there is a yellow tab that says “Easy Open” or “Pull Tab.” Gently pull the tab back to open the package. Remember, package will be HOT.
Absolutely! Once the package is cooked and opened properly, it transforms into a tray for your convenience.
Butternut squash is naturally fragile once cooked. We recommend microwaving this variety and following the heating instructions on package. When mixing in ingredients, toss and mix VERY gently.
To minimize color transfer, blot Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets with a paper towel before adding to your recipe.
*Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ varieties have 65 percent to 90 percent fewer calories per cup than the leading brand of cooked spaghetti.