Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets
Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ are an exciting new take on noodles! Enjoy these spiral-shaped vegetables as a great alternative to pasta. Spiralized directly from fresh beets, with no sauce or seasoning added, Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ are ready for sautéing, steaming, baking.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Sugars 7g Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg 0%||Potassium 259mg 6%|
|Calcium 14mg 2%||Iron 1mg 6%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
Tips & Tricks
- To minimize color transfer after cooking Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets, place in colander to drain well. Remove Spirals and spread onto two layers of paper towel, cover with two more layers, and gently press down to absorb excess moisture. Repeat two to three times, as needed. To remove even more color, place beets in colander and run under water to rinse, then drain and blot. Or simply embrace the pretty pink color that the beets add to your recipes.
- Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets have a nice crisp texture, more like fresh beets than canned. To retain the crispness, be careful not to overcook.
- To prevent cheeses from turning pink when using Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets, crumble the cheese over the finished recipe just before serving.
- To infuse flavor into Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets, simmer in orange or apple juice and serve as a side dish or in your favorite salad recipe.
- Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets sweet and earthy flavor make them extremely versatile when it comes to flavor pairings. They work well with milder fruity flavors yet hold their own with stronger flavors like balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets pair naturally with fruit juice or vinegar based dressings and sauces, but don’t stop there. Beets are fabulous in creamy recipes too. Try using mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt in cold salads; cream cheese, heavy cream or coconut milk in hot dishes.
- The perfect complement for Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets is goat cheese. Serve spirals with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and crumbled goat cheese for an easy and delicious side. Feta and fresh mozzarella also pair nicely with the Beet Spirals.
- Because of their dense texture and sweet flavor, Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets go best with rich meats like pork, beef, sausage and ham, as well as more flavorful fish like salmon or swordfish.
- Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Beets are sweet and earthy. They pair well with spicy, fragrant and warm herbs and spices. Use basil, caraway, chives, cloves, coriander, cumin, dill, ginger, fennel, allspice, sage, thyme and tarragon.