Beet Spirals with Lemon Cream
PREP TIME 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 20 minutes SERVINGS 4
A delicious way to enjoy beets. Served as a side dish, a starter salad or a main dish.
Watch this Recipe Video
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 ounces Neufchatel cheese (reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (12 oz.) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 2 Stir in milk and Neufchatel cheese and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until smooth and heated through.
- 3 Pour sauce over Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets in large bowl and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.