Asian Turkey and Kohlrabi Lettuce Wraps
Watch this Recipe Video
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey, chicken or pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (10 oz.) package Green Giant® Riced Veggies Kohlrabi
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- Hoisin, Sweet Chili or Sriracha sauce for topping
- 1 Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2 Add turkey, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- 3 Add Green Giant Riced Veggies Kohlrabi and coleslaw and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4 Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and honey and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onion.
- 5 Serve in lettuce leaves and top with Hoisin, Sweet Chili or Sriracha.
This recipe is like a deconstructed egg roll. Feel free to skip the lettuce and eat it with a fork. If you use very lean ground chicken or turkey, stir in ½ cup chicken broth with the soy sauce and vinegar in step 4.