Beet Spirals with Chicken Sausage and Herbs
PREP TIME 15 minutes TOTAL TIME 25 minutes SERVINGS 2
Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets are here to brighten up any dish. This recipe is bursting with tons of flavors and herbs.
- 1 (12 oz.) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 fully cooked chicken sausage (about 8 oz.), cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat. Add sliced chicken sausage and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Add Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets, remaining tablespoon olive oil, cider vinegar, parsley and chives. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When cooking Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets, always drain before serving.
- For a bit of heat, add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.