Bowtie Pasta Alfredo with Tuscan Broccoli
PREP TIME 10 min TOTAL TIME 25 min SERVINGS 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package Green Giant® Steamers Tuscan Broccoli
- 4 cups dry bowtie pasta
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, add bowtie pasta and cook until done. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Set pasta and reserved cooking water aside.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil. When hot, add the minced shallot and garlic. Saute for four minutes then add the cream and Parmesan cheese.
- 3Stir mixture well so cheese melts. Add lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- 4Cook Green Giant® Steamers Tuscan Broccoli in the microwave according to package directions. When done, add to the sauce, along with the hot pasta and reserved pasta water. Season with additional salt to taste and serve.
Add cooked shredded chicken with the pasta for a chicken alfredo variation.This dish is best served immediately but will keep in the fridge for up to two days.