Broccoli Cheddar Bake
PREP TIME 10 mins TOTAL TIME 35 mins SERVINGS 4
We’ve lightened up this classic combination of broccoli and Cheddar by replacing the milk or cream with broth and using reduced fat Cheddar. Roasted Broccoli adds the perfect savory note.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/3 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package of Green Giant® Steamers Chopped Broccoli 12 oz. Bag or Green Giant® Roasted Broccoli
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in medium saucepot over medium heat. Add onion and salt and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in flour and garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2 Gradually whisk in broth until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted and smooth. Stir broccoli into sauce and cook 1 minute.
- 3 Turn broccoli mixture into 1-1/2 quart baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake 10 minutes. Remove cover and bake 5 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted.