Butternut Squash with Bacon and Cranberries
PREP TIME 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 25 minutes SERVINGS 4
Everything tastes better with bacon, especially when you add in Green Giant® Riced Veggies Butternut Squash! This recipe is both sweet and savory and will take you less than 15 minutes to get from the freezer to your plate.
Watch this Recipe Video
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 (10-ounce) package Green Giant® Riced Veggies - Butternut Squash
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon.
- 2 Add onion to bacon drippings and cook over medium heat, 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in Green Giant Riced Veggies - Butternut Squash and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cranberries and sage and cook 1 minute.
Serve with grilled or roasted pork or chicken. This also make a great breakfast hash. Top with a fried egg for a quick dinner or great breakfast or brunch.