Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos
PREP TIME 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 25 minutes SERVINGS 4
Sweet and spicy goodness all wrapped in a warm tortilla. Green Giant® Riced Veggies Butternut Squash adds more flavor and texture to this hearty, vegetarian meal.
Watch this Recipe Video
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Green Giant® Riced Veggies - Butternut Squash
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 6-inch Ortega tortillas, warmed
- 1 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion and salt 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until onion is softened. Add red pepper and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 2 Add Green Giant® Riced Veggies - Butternut Squash and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until squash is tender.
- 3 Stir in black beans and cumin and cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- 4 Serve squash mixture in warm tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
If you're watching carbs, serve in lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. It's also great on its own as a main or side dish or served over greens as a delicious taco salad.