Butternut Squash “Risotto”
PREP TIME 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 20 minutes SERVINGS 4
This is a silky, creamy risotto that you won’t believe you made at home. Using Green Giant® Riced Veggies Butternut Squash gives your “risotto” a burst of flavor and a cozy spin on a restaurant favorite.
Watch this Recipe Video
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) package Green Giant® Riced Veggies Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 2 Stir in Green Giant Riced Veggies Butternut Squash and chicken broth, then cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and sage. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
To make a squash and mushroom risotto, add 2 cups sliced mushrooms with the garlic and cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.