Butternut Squash Spirals “Carbonara”
PREP TIME 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 22 minutes SERVINGS 4
Creamy carbonara recipe without the guilt of heavy carbs from pasta!
Watch this Recipe Video
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12 oz.) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup Green Giant frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until softened. Add pancetta and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth and heat to a simmer.
- 2 Beat eggs with Parmesan cheese. Transfer 3 tablespoons of broth mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook over low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- 3 Add Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash and peas to skillet and cook 1 minute or until heated through, tossing until spirals are evenly coated.
- 4 Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.