Chicken & Fire Roasted Tri-Color Pepper Fajitas
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 4
A quick and tasty way to make restaurant-style fajitas at home!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb), cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz)1 Green Giant® Fire Roasted Tri-Color Peppers
- 1 large onion, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 Ortega® Flour Tortillas (8-inch)
- Shredded romaine, lime wedges, salsa, sour cream, if desired
- 1 In medium bowl, stir together chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt; toss to coat.
- 2 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet. Cover chicken; keep warm.
- 3 In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir in frozen peppers. Cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring once. Remove cover; add onions. Cook 4 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4 Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken on center of each tortilla; top with peppers and onions. Serve with remaining ingredients.
Fajitas are common in Tex-Mex cuisine, consisting of strips of flavorful beef or chicken and vegetables, rolled in a soft tortilla.Make your meal complete with refried beans and Mexican rice.