Chipotle Tahini Harvest Bowls
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen Green Giant® Sautés Chipotle Harvest
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, quartered
- Lime wedges and fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- 1 In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat quinoa and 2 cups of the water to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft and translucent. Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat tahini, 2 tablespoons of the oil, remaining 1/4 cup water, the lime juice and salt with whisk. Set aside.
- 3 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add frozen vegetable blend and seasoning mix packet, reserving pumpkin seed packet for later use in recipe. Cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown. Remove from heat.
- 4 To assemble, divide quinoa between two serving bowls; top each with vegetables, lettuce, tomatoes and reserved pumpkin seeds from packet. Drizzle each with tahini dressing. Garnish with lime and cilantro.
Quinoa is a tiny, pearl-shaped, ivory-colored grain that expands to four times its size when cooked. It's rich in nutrients, and unlike other grains, it's a complete protein.Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seed and is found in the ethnic food aisle.