Healthier Sloppy Joes
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 4
Angie McGowan from Eclectic Recipes shares a favorite family recipe. These healthier sloppy joes are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 1 (7 oz) bag Green Giant® frozen Healthy Weight vegetables, sliced carrots, sugar snap peas, black beans and edamame in butter sauce, pulsed in food processor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Emeril’s® Steak Rub
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, diced fine
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Heat large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle skillet with olive oil. Add ground beef to skillet. Add seasoning, onion, bell pepper, garlic and mixed vegetables to skillet. Cook until beef is browned and moisture has evaporated.
- 2Add BBQ sauce, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce to browned ground beef and vegetables. Mix well and simmer until thickened. Serve in hamburger buns.
To save more fat and calories, use lean ground chicken or turkey instead of beef.For less carbs, serve sloppy joes on romaine lettuce leaves as lettuce wraps.