Hearty Vegetable Chowder
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 45 min SERVINGS 6
Make a batch of this comforting, hearty vegetable-packed soup at the start of the week and keep in the refrigerator for a quick bowl of soup.
- 1 box (10 oz) Green Giant® Steamers Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
- 1 box (10 oz) Green Giant® Steamers Niblets® Corn & Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth (4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1Cook frozen vegetables as directed on boxes for minimum cook time; set aside.
- 2In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion in butter until soft. Add broth; heat to boiling. Add potatoes; reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Slightly mash potatoes in soup, then add milk and vegetables. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Divide and freeze soup in individual servings for a quick lunch.Add cooked rotisserie chicken or chopped ham, if you wish.