Hoisin Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
PREP TIME 15 min TOTAL TIME 25 min SERVINGS 4
- 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen whole grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 box (10 oz) Green Giant® Steamers® Frozen Broccoli Spears & Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus additional for serving
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1Prepare rice as directed on package. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add bell pepper, and cook until crisp-tender.
- 2Meanwhile, cook broccoli as directed on box; set aside.
- 3In small bowl, beat hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and gingerroot with whisk. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add to chicken mixture in skillet. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes; add broccoli, stirring to coat with sauce.
- 4Add rice and chicken mixture to bowls; garnish as desired, and serve immediately with additional soy sauce on the side.
Garnish with sliced green onions or cilantro for a fresh finish. Dry-roasted peanuts add a nice crunch. Want to add some heat? Crushed red pepper flakes or spicy Sriracha sauce will do the trick!