Independence Beet, Blueberry & Goat Cheese Tart
PREP TIME 20 TOTAL TIME 35 SERVINGS 16
A very, blueberry patriotic treat. A fun dish to whip together for all of your 4th of July BBQ guests to enjoy.
- 1 package Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets
- 1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup fig spread or orange marmalade, melted
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Preheat oven to 400° Cook Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Beets according to package directions. Place beets in colander and run under cool water to remove excess color. Drain beets and blot well on paper towels.
- 2 Lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle. Place on prepared baking sheet. Prick pastry all over with fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- 3 Brush pastry all over with melted fig spread. In top left corner, spread about ¼ cup goat cheese into a 3 x 5-inch rectangle. Arrange blueberries, in rows, over goat cheese.
- 4 On remaining tart area, arrange Beet Spirals in 4 rows about 1-1/2 inches wide each, leaving about 1-inch between rows. Carefully place crumbled goat cheese between beet spiral rows.
- 5 Bake tart 5 minutes or until goat cheese is softened and tart is warm. Do not over bake.