Italian Herbed Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 package Green Giant® Sautés Parmesan Garden Medley
- 1In medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the oil, the Italian seasoning, salt and red chile flakes. Add chicken breasts; turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. If chicken is browning too quickly, reduce heat. Chicken is done when juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- 3Transfer to cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare vegetable blend as directed on package; serve with chicken.
Pair your Green Giant® Sautés Parmesan Garden Medley vegetable blend and chicken with penne for a complete meal. Cook and drain 4 oz penne pasta as directed on package. Toss cooked penne with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley.If you don't have Italian seasoning, mix a teaspoon each of dried oregano, basil and parsley.