Loaded Shepherd’s Pie
PREP TIME 15 mins TOTAL TIME 50 mins SERVINGS 4
This ultimate comfort food is a mash-up of shepherd’s pie and loaded potatoes – but without the potatoes! Our Mashed Cauliflower is so rich and creamy that no one will ever know that you didn’t use potatoes unless you tell them.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups Green Giant® Steamers Mixed Vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Green onions, chopped
- 1 (20-ounce) package Green Giant® Original with Olive Oil & Sea Salt Mashed Cauliflower, cooked according to package directions
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°. Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Stir in vegetables, broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Combine flour with 1/4 cup water. Stir into beef mixture and simmer 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Stir 1/2 cup cheese, 2 tablespoons bacon and 2 tablespoons green onion into Green Giant® Original with Olive Oil & Sea Salt Mashed Cauliflower. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon and green onion for garnish.
- 3 Turn beef mixture into 10-inch deep-dish pie plate, then evenly top with remaining bacon, green onion and cheese. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly over the top.
- 4 Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Garnish with reserved bacon and green onion.