Pan-Seared Peppered Steak
- 1 boneless beef New York strip steak, 3/4 inch thick (10 to 12 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package Green Giant® Sautés Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until medium-rare (135°F). Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare Brussels sprouts as directed on package; serve with steak.
Pair your Green Giant® Sautés Bacon and Brussels Sprouts and steak with creamy mashed potatoes for a complete meal. Peel 3/4 lb Yukon Gold or russet potatoes, and place in 3-quart pot; cover with 1 inch cold water, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, and cook potatoes 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash potatoes with 1/4 cup warm heavy cream, 1 tablespoon butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Garnish with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.Allowing your steak to stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before cooking will result in a more evenly cooked steak. Seasoning just before placing in the pan will result in a perfect texture for your steak.