Pasta Primavera with Roasted Vegetables
PREP TIME 15 mins TOTAL TIME 35 mins SERVINGS 4
This classic dish just got easier when you start with our Roasted Veggies. Choose your favorite veggies to toss with the pasta. It’s so versatile you can use shrimp instead of chicken or leave both out for a meatless main dish. Finish with a touch of Parmesan and basil for fabulous flavor.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Green Giant® Roasted Vegetables (use your favorite combination of vegetables)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces penne, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2 Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add Green Giant® Roasted Vegetables and cook 4 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet and simmer 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 3 Toss with hot cooked pasta and stir in Parmesan cheese and basil.