Quick Curried Shrimp
- 1/2 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, with tails left on
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 package Green Giant® Sautés Indian Spiced Lentils
- 1In medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add salt, pepper and curry powder; stir to evenly coat.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pink and just firm to the touch. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in coconut milk.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare vegetable blend as directed on package; serve with shrimp.
Pair your Green Giant® Sautés Indian Spiced Lentils vegetable blend and curried shrimp with basmati rice for a complete meal. Make 2/3 cup uncooked basmati rice with 1 cup water as directed on package. Toss cooked rice with liquid from cooked shrimp.Freeze your extra coconut milk in lightly greased ice cube tray. Once frozen, place the cubes in a freezer bag, and store in freezer for easy access.