Quick Potato & Corn Chowder
PREP TIME 30 min TOTAL TIME 0 min SERVINGS 4
Dinner ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy this two step potato and corn chowder that’s made using Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers and cream of celery soup.
- 4 cups frozen southern-style hash-brown potatoes
- 1 (11-oz.) can Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn®
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons cooked real bacon pieces, if desired
- 1 In large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except bacon; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2 Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top each serving with bacon pieces. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
Southern or country-style hash-brown potatoes are cubed or diced rather than shredded.Cooked bacon pieces packaged in a bottle are handy when you want real bacon flavor. Refrigerate the bacon pieces after opening the bottle.