Quick Tortellini Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Regina® Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Steamers Cut Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (2 medium)
- 1 In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all Dressing ingredients; shake well. Set aside.
- 2 Cook tortellini, carrots and green beans as directed on tortellini package until tortellini are tender and vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; return to saucepan. Cover with cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 3 In medium bowl, combine tortellini, carrots and green beans; add onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
Meat or vegetable-filled tortellini can be substituted for the cheese-filled tortellini. To keep the salad cool at a picnic setting, place a frozen gel pack in the bottom of a basket and cover it with a cloth napkin; set the salad bowl in the basket. Line a pretty platter with colorful lettuce leaves. Top it with the salad and garnish with fresh herbs.