Red Curry Chicken & Vegetable Soup
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 6
This comforting soup makes the perfect meal, complete with protein, veggies and a touch of heat.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup light coconut milk, from 13.66-oz can (not cream of coconut)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 In 4-quart nonstick Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through. Add white parts of green onion; cook about 1 minute or until starting to soften. Add red curry paste and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- 2 Add chicken broth and coconut milk; simmer 10 minutes. Add frozen vegetables; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Garnish with remaining green onions and cilantro; serve immediately.
Freeze chicken for 10 to 15 minutes for easier slicing.Serve with jasmine rice to make this soup more of a meal.