Saucy Ground Beef-Topped Potatoes
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 20 min SERVINGS 3
Here’s a new way to think of potatoes – as the mainstay of the meal. These recipes offer a mouth-watering variety of topped potatoes that are sure to please. They make creative use of convenience ingredients, too. Why not try a topper tater … today?
- 3 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (14-oz.) jar Don Pepino® Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 (7-oz.) can Green Giant® Niblets® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 oz. (1/4 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Pierce potatoes with fork. Place on microwave-safe paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 13 minutes or until tender, turning potatoes over and rearranging halfway through cooking. Let stand 3 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, brown ground beef in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and corn. Cover; simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- 3To serve, cut potatoes in half lengthwise; place on 3 individual plates. Mash potatoes slightly with fork. Top each potato with 2/3 cup beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Prepare the topping for these potatoes a day in advance; cover and refrigerate. Reheat the mixture before topping the potatoes.Carrot and celery sticks, lemonade and frozen fudge bars go well with these family-pleasing potatoes.