Sicilian Pasta with Cauliflower
PREP TIME 10 mins TOTAL TIME 30 mins SERVINGS 4
Based on a traditional Sicilian pasta dish, this simple meal is filled with wonderful flavors and textures. The cauliflower is cooked until very tender so it becomes part of the sauce that coats the pasta. Raisins offer a sweet contrast to the saltiness from the Parmesan cheese.
- 8 ounces farfalle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package Green Giant® Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and salt and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add Green Giant® Roasted Cauliflower and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cauliflower is very tender.
- 3 Add pine nuts, raisins, garlic, crushed red pepper and cook 4 minutes or until pine nuts are lightly toasted. Stir in tomato paste and 1 cup pasta water and cook 2 minutes.
- 4 Add farfalle and Parmesan cheese to skillet and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick add more pasta water.