Skillet Penne & Sausage
PREP TIME 10 min TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 4
Deborah Harroun from Taste and tell shares an easy one-pot dinner that is perfect for busy nights. Short on time? This Skillet Penne and Sausage is made in one pan and is ready in no time at all.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14-16 oz fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 package (12 oz) Green Giant® Steamers Garden Vegetable Medley
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz dry penne
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook until browned and softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the Green Giant® Garden Vegetable Medley, chicken broth and milk, then stir in the penne.
- 2 Cover and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Use your favorite blend of Green Giant frozen steamer vegetables.Any short cut pasta can be substituted for the penne.