Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Corn Salsa
- For the chicken tacos
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet Ortega® Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 Ortega® flour or corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- For the corn salsa
- 1 (12 oz) bag Green Giant® Steamers Honey Roasted Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, torn or roughly chopped
- the juice of 2 limes
- 1 Combine chicken, taco seasoning and water in slow cooker. Turn to low and cook for 6 – 8 hours, or until chicken is falling apart.
- 2 Combine all ingredients for corn salsa and mix well.
- 3 Warm tortillas according to package directions. Place chicken on tortillas and top with corn salsa.
Leftover rotisserie chicken can also be used in this recipe. To use, reheat rotisserie chicken in a skillet with taco seasoning 1/2 cup water. Simmer until thickened. To add some spicy heat, add 2 diced jalapeño peppers to corn salsa.