Southwest Chicken & Vegetable Brown Rice Bowls
PREP TIME 3 min TOTAL TIME 20 min SERVINGS 4
Jenny Flake from Picky Palate shares a favorite healthy brown rice bowl. These Southwest Chicken and Vegetable Brown Rice Bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner for busy nights.
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or other greens of choice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Ortega® Mild Salsa
- 2 large cooked chopped chicken breast
- 11 ounce bag Green Giant® Steamers Honey Roasted Sweet Corn
- 1Heat Green Giant® Seasoned Steamers® frozen honey roasted sweet corn according to package directions. Place arugula leaves into four serving bowls. Layer evenly with brown rice and sliced tomatoes. Place salsa and chopped chicken into a bowl, stir to combine. Layer chicken over rice then spoon corn over top and serve.
Shred a rotisserie chicken for the salsa chicken layer, has great flavor and can be shredded in advance.Try drizzling just a touch of prepared Ranch dressing over the top of your bowl for a creamy touch.