Southwest Tortellini Chowder
- 3 cans (10 1/2 oz each) condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Ortega® Thicky & Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 packages (9 oz each) refrigerated meat-filled or cheese-filled tortellini*
- 1 cup Green Giant® Steamers Corn & Butter Sauce (from 1-lb bag)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 In Dutch oven or 4-quart saucepan, heat broth, salsa and orange peel to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes.
- 2 Stir in tortellini and vegetables; cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until tortellini and vegetables are tender.
- 3 Stir in milk and salt; cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until hot, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. Top each serving of chowder with cilantro. Serve immediately.
*One 16-oz package frozen tortellini can be substituted for both packages of refrigerated tortellini. Add frozen tortellini to simmered broth mixture; cook 4 minutes. Add vegetables; cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until tortellini and vegetables are tender.