Spicy Beef & Tri-Color Peppers Stir-Fry
PREP TIME 15 min TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 4
Fire roasted peppers and beef make a quick and delicious stir-fry ready in only 30 minutes.
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons chili puree with garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz) Green Giant® Fire Roasted Tri-Color Peppers
- 2 cups (from 12-oz bag) Green Giant® Steamers Broccoli Florets
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts, if desired
- 1 Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 2-inch strips; cut strips across grain into 1/4-inch strips; place in medium bowl.
- 2 In small bowl, stir together soy sauce, vinegar, gingerroot and chili puree. Remove 2 tablespoons sauce, and add to beef in medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. To remaining sauce in small bowl, beat in cornstarch with whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- 3 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add beef, discarding marinade. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown on all sides. Remove beef from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- 4 In same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; reduce heat to medium-high. Add frozen pepper blend and frozen broccoli; cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover; continue cooking 2 to 4 minutes longer or until cooked thoroughly. Return beef to skillet; pour in sauce. Heat to boiling; cook until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- 5 Serve beef mixture over rice. Garnish with peanuts.
Beef is easier to cut if partially frozen, about 1 hour.In place of rice vinegar, use apple cider vinegar.