Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
PREP TIME 25 min TOTAL TIME 45 min SERVINGS 6
A flavorful tropical twist on fried rice -- quinoa, Green Giant® Sautés and pineapple.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili puree with garlic, if desired
- 4 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 packages (10 oz each) Green Giant® Sautés Thai Coconut
- 2 cups canned or fresh diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat quinoa and water to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft and translucent. Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Set aside.
- 2In small bowl, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and chili puree with garlic; blend well. Set aside.
- 3In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 packages frozen vegetable blend and 2 seasoning mix packets, reserving nut packet for later use in recipe. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Stir in pineapple, basil, quinoa and soy sauce mixture. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until heated through.
- 4Serve immediately, garnished with nuts from packet.
Quinoa is a tiny, pearl-shaped, ivory-colored grain that expands to four times its size when cooked. It's rich in nutrients, and unlike other grains, it's a complete protein.If you can't find Thai basil, substitute fresh mint.