Tuscan Turkey Spinach Soup
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 30 min SERVINGS 6
This Tuscan-inspired soup makes the perfect meal, complete with protein and vegetables!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian-seasoned ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Joan of Arc® Great Northern Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® Steamers Chopped Spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- fresh Parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1 In 4-quart nonstick Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; continue to cook until onions are starting to soften.
- 2 Add seasoning, tomatoes, beans and chicken broth; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese; serve immediately.
Serve this soup with a warm, crusty roll to complete your meal. This soup tends to thicken as it stands. Add more chicken broth to soup if desired.