Veggie Tot Mac & Cheese
PREP TIME 15 mins TOTAL TIME 40 mins SERVINGS 8
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package Green Giant® Veggie Tots, any variety
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add onion and salt and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add flour and garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Gradually stir in milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
- 3Arrange pasta in a 2-quart baking dish. Pour sauce over pasta and stir gently until evenly coated. Evenly top with remaining cheese and Green Giant® Veggie Tots.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and Green Giant® Veggie Tots are golden brown