Veggie Tot Mac & Cheese
PREP TIME 15 mins TOTAL TIME 40 mins SERVINGS 8
Mac & Cheese is comfort food at its best. And it’s easier than you think to make from scratch. It’s ready to pop in the oven in just about 15 minutes. Arrange Veggie Tots across the top to make this extra crispy, extra delicious and extra good-for-you
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package Green Giant® Veggie Tots, any variety
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add onion and salt and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add flour and garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Gradually stir in milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
- 3Arrange pasta in a 2-quart baking dish. Pour sauce over pasta and stir gently until evenly coated. Evenly top with remaining cheese and Green Giant® Veggie Tots.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and Green Giant® Veggie Tots are golden brown