Weeknight Sausage & Cheesy Vegetable Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 10 min TOTAL TIME 20 min SERVINGS 8
Jenny Flake from Picky Palate shares a favorite pasta recipe. My Weeknight Sausage and Cheesy Vegetable Penne Pasta makes dinner stress-free and delicious!
- 1/2 pound dry penne pasta
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add sausage, cook and stir until browned. Add cooked pasta, reduce heat to low and stir to combine.
- 3ook Green Giant® Steamers Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce according to package directions. Carefully open and add to pasta. Stir to combine then add seasonings and milk. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until hot. Remove from heat and serve.
To ensure your pasta doesn't get too soft, cook it just one minute less so it is al dente when heated with your sauce.If you have leftovers, add a few splashes of milk when re-heating to thin the sauce.