Baked Zucchini Spirals and Meatballs Parmesan
- 1 (12-ounce) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Zucchini or Little Green Sprout's Organics by Green Giant™ Veggie Spirals Zucchini
- 8 ounces fully cooked turkey meatballs
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup tomato sauce (1/4 cup for topping)
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (1 Tablespoon for topping)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Cook Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Zucchini or Little Green Sprout's Organics by Green Giant™ Veggie Spirals Zucchini according to package directions and drain very well. Keep warm.
- 3 If store-bought, cook the meatballs according to the package directions. If home-made, heat until warmed through.
- 4 Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, except sauce and cheese for topping.
- 5 Spray an oven proof baking dish (1.5 quart or 8”x8”), with nonstick cooking spray and place the mixed ingredients in the baking dish. Top the dish with the extra sauce and cheese.
- 6 Place into the preheated oven until bubbling, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
When cooking Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Zucchini, always drain well before serving or adding to your favorite sauce. Use paper towels to pat dry and soak excess water. Replace the meatballs with cooked ground beef, turkey, or Italian sausage for a Bolognese style sauce.