“Taste of Italy” Zucchini Spirals
- 1 (12-ounce) package Little Green Sprout's Organics Veggie Spirals Zucchini or Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce of your choice (marinara or alfredo) or 2 tablespoons of pesto
- Garnish: Fresh basil, shaved parmesan, toasted pine nuts or fresh lemon
- 1 Cook Zucchini Veggie Spirals™ according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.
- 2 In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and soft, 1-2 minutes.
- 3 Add sauce, and reduce heat to low. Heat and stir until sauce starts to simmer. Add the well-drained zucchini spirals and toss until well coated.
- 4 Garnish with basil, shaved parmesan, toasted pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon and serve immediately.
When cooking Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini, always drain well before serving or adding to your favorite sauce. Warm lemons produce much more juice then refrigerated ones. If lemon has been refrigerated, microwave about 20 seconds before using for juice.