Tuscan Broccoli Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 (11.8 oz) package Green Giant® Steamers Tuscan Seasoned Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s® Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the macaroni until al dente.
- 2 While the pasta is cooking, cook the vegetables according to the package directions.
- 3 Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan set over medium heat. Add the butter and the egg yolk and stir vigorously until it is completely combined. Stir in the evaporated milk, cheese and mustard. Stir until the cheese is melted and it has formed a creamy sauce. Stir in the vegetables and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Use your favorite blend of Green Giant frozen steamer vegetables. Use a whole wheat or whole grain pasta to add extra nutrition.