Tuscan Broccoli Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME 20 min SERVINGS 4
Deborah Harroun from Taste and tell adds extra veggies to her mac and cheese in this easy stovetop recipe. Skip the box - this stovetop macaroni and cheese recipe is done in 20 minutes and is creamy and filled with vegetables.
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 (11.8 oz) package Green Giant® Steamers Tuscan Seasoned Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s® Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the macaroni until al dente.
- 2 While the pasta is cooking, cook the vegetables according to the package directions.
- 3 Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan set over medium heat. Add the butter and the egg yolk and stir vigorously until it is completely combined. Stir in the evaporated milk, cheese and mustard. Stir until the cheese is melted and it has formed a creamy sauce. Stir in the vegetables and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Use your favorite blend of Green Giant frozen steamer vegetables.Use a whole wheat or whole grain pasta to add extra nutrition.