Quick Chicken Pho with Zucchini Spirals
PREP TIME 6 minutes TOTAL TIME 36 minutes SERVINGS 4
A quick version on the traditional Vietnamese dish with zucchini noodles. Clove, cinnamon, star anise and ginger gently simmer in broth to give Pho its unique flavor. Quick and easy to make, the best thing about this dish is that it’s completely customizable.
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced into coins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- radish, cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- 1 Toast cloves, cinnamon sticks and star anise in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, chicken breast, ginger, and soy sauce and bring to a boil over high heat. Season to taste with salt.
- 2 Reduce heat and simmer, 25 minutes or, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to saucepot.
- 3 To serve, divide Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini, chicken and sprouts among 4 bowls. Ladle hot broth into bowls.
- 4 Top pho with fresh cilantro leaves and thinly sliced radish and serve with lime wedges.